Welcome to Portsmouth Lions
Since 1917, Lions clubs have offered people the opportunity to give something back to their communities. From involving members in projects as local as cleaning up an area park or as far-reaching as bringing sight to the world's blind, Lions clubs have always embraced those committed to building a brighter future for their community. Today with more than approximately 45,000 clubs in 199 countries and geographical areas, Lions have expanded their focus to help meet the ever-increasing needs of our global community. Our programs are continually changing to meet new needs and greater demands, but our mission has never wavered.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as communities worldwide. Their volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing unmet health and education needs worldwide.
Why should I become a Lion?
- Make a difference everyday in your community. Whether it is providing support locally or reaching out internationally, you will have an opportunity to serve.
- Be a part of a worldwide organization carrying out community and humanitarian projects.
- Members allow Lions clubs worldwide to carry out its many community and humanitarian programs.
- Grow personally and professionally by participating in our programs, community service projects and events.
- Gain an understanding and have an impact on local and international humanitarian issues.
- Develop relationships with both local and international community and business leaders.
- Have access to membership discounts and services.
Interested in becoming a member?
Membership in a Lions club is by invitation from a local club. If you are interested in membership, use the club locator to contact a local Lions club. Tell the local club you are considering membership and want to attend a meeting to learn more. Then, ask a member for a membership application. Read More »
Our Lions motto is “We Serve"